It was great to have a PD day to keep learning; and it is awesome to be one member of the Group “Spit It Out”.
“Oral interaction develops thinking and acts as a bridge to reading and writing.” We decided to use this to be our statement for the inquiry subject “Talk and engagement”.
- What activities motivate and promote students to use oral language?
- How do students transfer speaking skills to reading and writing?
- What is the relationship between oral language and accessing conceptual understanding?
- Small group discussing (less threatening)
- Activities based on interest and experience
- Debatable questions or something that requires consensus
- Visual thinking routines
- Visual representation that can be referred orally (this, that), ➡️ the use of vocabulary
- Tool to express thinking and wondering
- Tool to generate ideas that can be organised later in writing
- Tool that towards linguistic complexity
Below is one of suggestions given by a peer,
OK, let’s google “Pauline Gibbons…”.
Keep it up !